Imbalanced Nutrition, Less Than Body Requirements NANDA Definition: Intake of nutrients insufficient to meet metabolic needs.
- Loss of weight
- Lack of interest in food
- Pale conjunctiva and mucous membranes
- Poor muscle tone
- Poor skin turgor
- Edema of extremities
- Electrolyte imbalances
- Client will gain 2 pounds per week for the next 3 weeks.
- Client will exhibit no signs or symptoms of malnutrition by time of discharge from treatment (e.g., electrolytes and blood counts will be within normal limits; a steady weight gain will be demonstrated; constipation will be corrected; client will exhibit increased energy in participation in activities).
Nursing Interventions Imbalanced Nutrition, Less Than Body Requirements for Peritonitis
1. Monitor bow NG tube, and note the presence of vomiting or diarrhea.
Rational: The large number of gastric aspiration and vomiting or diarrhea is suspected bowel obstruction, requiring further evaluation.
2. Measure body weight each day.
Rationale: Loss of or increase in early showed further changes in hydration but loss is suspected nutritional deficit.
3. Auscultation bowel sounds, record sounds nothing or hyperactive.
Rationale: Although there is no frequent bowel sounds, bowel inflammation or irritation may accompany intestinal hyperactivity, decreased water absorption, and diarrhea.
4. Record the required calorie needs.
Rational: The calories (energy sources) will accelerate the healing process.
5. Monitor Hb and albumin
Rational: Indications adequate protein to the immune system.
6. Assess abdomen with frequent return to the gentle sound, the appearance of normal bowel sounds, flatus smooth dam.
Rationale: Indicates the return to normal bowel function.
1. Collaborative installation NGT if the client can not eat and drink orally.
Rational: In order to keep the client nutrients are met.
2. Collaboration with a dietitian in your diet.
Rational: A healthy body is not easy for infection (inflammation).
3. Provide information about the food substances which are very important to balance the body's metabolism
Rationale: Clients can strive to meet the needs of eating nutritious food.