Get the quality and quantity of good sleep is one important part of the healing process of patients with stroke. However, sleep disturbance itself is a problem that often arises in patients with stroke. Sleep disorders can lead to frustration. Sleep disorders can make the patient tired and disturbed.
Disturbed Sleep Pattern Definition :
Disturbed Sleep pattern Time-limited disruption of sleep
Disturbed Sleep pattern
Prolonged awakenings, sleep maintenance insomnia, self-induced impairment of normal pattern, sleep onset more than 30 minutes, early morning insomnia, awakening earlier or later than desired, verbal complaints of difficulty falling asleep, verbal complaints of not feeling well-rested, increased proportion of Stage 1 sleep, dissatisfaction with sleep, less than age-normed total sleep time, three or more nighttime awakenings, decreased proportion of Stages 3 and 4 sleep, decreased ability to function.
Nursing Diagnosis Disturbed Sleep Pattern Nursing Care Plan for Stroke
Disturbed Sleep Pattern related to the environment and the lack of privacy
Patients can meet the need for sleep
- Patients often wake up at night.
- Patients find it easy to fall asleep without difficulty.
- Patients can get up in the morning with a fresh and not tired.
1. Assess patients' sleep patterns to plan treatment
2. Observation of patient medication and diet
3. Help the patient reduce the pain before sleep and the client with a comfortable position to sleep
4. Keep quiet environment, such as lowering the volume of radio & television
Sleep habits are individual. Data collected in a comprehensive and holistic needed to decide the etiology of sleep disorders
Difficulty sleeping can be a side effect of medication
Clients say an uncomfortable position and pain are all factors that are often the cause of sleep disorders
Excessive crowd cause sleep disturbance.