Constipation is a disorder of the digestive system where a person experiencing excessive hardening of feces making it difficult to remove and can cause great pain in patients. Constipation is pretty great also called obstipation. And severe obstipation can cause fatal intestinal cancer for patients.
Constipation or constipation is a complaint on the digestive system of the most common and is found in the wider community including around us. Even estimated that around 80% of people have experienced constipation or constipation. Common causes of constipation or constipation that is around us, among others:
- Lack of body fluids or dehydration.
- Hot suffer.
- Stress or depression and compact enough activity.
- Influence of hormones in the body (eg in menstruation or pregnancy).
- Bowel less elastic (usually because it is in the pregnancy or old age).
- Anatomic abnormalities in the digestive system.
- Lifestyle and irregular eating patterns (such as poor diet).
- Side effects from drinking something that contains a lot of calcium or aluminum (eg antidiare drugs, analgesics, and antacids).
- Lack of vitamin C intake and lack of fiber.
- Is a symptom of disease (eg, typhus and hernia).
- Often withhold stimulus to defecate in a long time.
- Emotion, because the emotion or anxiety intestines spasm, sehigga pertaltik intestine and large intestine absorbs stopped returning fluid feces. Consequently stool becomes hard.
- Rarely or less work.
- Advantages of fiber consumption.
- The advantages of eating meat. Especially red meat because it was difficult to digest and has a lot of iron. Iron is the substance that makes the hardening of feces, making it dark and black.
- Of drug abuse, such as drug laxatives. For example, the application of mineral oil is useful for launching peristaltic motion. Eventually the intestines become accustomed to and dependent on the drug, resulting in a slow intestinal reactions, and inhibits intestinal peristalsis self.
- Frozen foods save time and energy, but cause many health problems. Frozen foods have very low fiber and a lot of preservatives that can disrupt the bowel movement. Like ice cream barely contain fiber so it can help regulate bowel movements combined with sugar and milk in it can harden the stool.
- Eating certain fruits or vegetables that can compress excess dirt naturally like bananas.
Signs and symptoms
Symptoms and signs will vary from person to person, because of diet, hormones, lifestyle and shape of the large intestine of each person is different, but usually the symptoms and signs commonly found on most or sometimes some patients are as follows :
- Stomach feels full, and even feels numb manure pile (if manure has accumulated about 1 week or more, patients with stomach looks like being pregnant).
- Feces become harder, warm, darker, a little more than usual amount (less than 30 grams), and can even form a small bow when it is severe.
- At the time of bowel removed or discarded hard stools, sometimes must mengejan or pressing his stomach in advance so as to remove the feces (even to suffer hemorrhoid and cold sweat).
- Heard noises in the stomach.
- The anus feels full, and as something hampered accompanied with pain as a result of frictional heat and hard stools.
- Frequency throw up wind accompanied a more disagreeable odor than usual (even sometimes patients may have trouble or can not totally get rid of the wind).
- A decline in the frequency of bowel movements, and increased bowel transit time (usually defecate be 3 days or more).
- Sometimes experiencing nausea and even vomiting if it is severe.
- Back pain when feces accumulated quite a lot.
- Bad breath.
- Lack of confidence
- Prefers to be alone or away from the vicinity.
- Still feel hungry but when eating faster satiety (especially when pregnant stomach will feel heartburn) because the space in the stomach is reduced.
- Emotion is increasing rapidly.
- Often pounding so fast that lead to emotional stress so vulnerable headaches or even fever.
- The body does not fit, uncomfortable, tired, tired quickly, and droop so lazy to do things sometimes even sleepy.
- Less zealous in carrying out the activity.
- Daily activities have been disrupted as a body feels overburdened resulting quality and decreased work productivity.
- Can decrease appetite.
- Do not junk at an arbitrary point.
- Avoid foods that are high in fat and sugar.
- Drink at least 1.5 to 2 white liters of water (about 8 glasses) of fluid a day and others every day.
- Sports, such as walking (jogging) can be done. At least 10-15 minutes for light exercise, and at least 2 hours for a heavier workout.
- Familiarize defecate regularly and do not like to hold a bowel movement. No need to force a bowel movement every day when there is no stimulus for the digestive cycle every person differently.
- Consumption of foods that contain enough fiber, such as fruits and vegetables.
- Sleep at least 4 hours a day.
- Add herbal flavor in food, except chili.
- Diet is not excessive.
- Consuming anti-inflammatory foods, such as avocado, apples, and coconut.