The cause of diabetic foot ulcers multifactorial, however there are three things that are most important as the pathogenesis of diabetic foot are:
- neuropathy (sensory, motor and autonomic).
- impaired circulation (microcirculation and makrosirkulasi), and
Factors that influence the occurrence of diabetic ulcers are divided into endogenous factors and ekstrogen.
1) Endogenous factors
- Genetic, metabolic.
- Diabetic angiopathy.
- Diabetic neuropathy.
Nursing Diagnosis for Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Impaired tissue perfusion related to the weakening / decrease in blood flow to the area of gangrene due to obstruction of blood vessels.
- Impaired tissue integrity related to the presence of gangrene in the extremities.
- Impaired sense of comfort (pain) related to ischemic tissue.
- Impaired physical mobility related to pain in the wound.
- Risk for Infection (sepsis) related to high blood sugar levels.
- Disturbed Sleep Pattern related to pain in the wound in the leg.