Impaired ability to perform or complete activities of daily living, Such as feeding, dressing, bathing, toileting.
The nurse may encounter the patient with a self-care deficit in the hospital or in the community.
Stroke Definition :
That stroke is a disease affects the blood vessels That blood supply to the brain. Without blood to supply oxygen and Nutrients and to remove waste products, brain cells begin to die Quickly. Stroke is Sometimes Called a "brain attack. Stroke is a medical emergency and can cause permanent neurological damage or even death if not promptly diagnosed and treated.
The cause of stroke is an interruption in the blood supply, with a resulting depletion of oxygen and glucose in the affected area. This reduces or abolishes IMMEDIATELY neuronal function, and also initiates the ischemic cascade the which Causes neurons to die or Be Seriously Damaged, Further impairing brain function.
Nanda Nursing Diagnosis Self-Care Deficit
related to weakness, neuromuscular disorders, decreased muscle strength, decreased muscle coordination, depression, pain, damage to the perception
Goal: The ability to care for self-rising
a. Demonstrating changes in lifestyle to meet the needs of daily living
b. Perform self-care according to ability
c. Identify and utilize sources of aid
Nursing Interventions Self-Care Deficit Nursing Care Plan for Stroke
1. Monitor the client's skill level in caring for themselves
2. Provide assistance to the needs that really need it
3. Create an environment that allows clients to perform ADLs independently
4. Involve the family in helping clients
5. Client's motivation to perform ADLs according to ability
6. Provide aids themselves when possible
7. Collaboration: plug the DC if necessary, consultation with a occupational or physiotherapy.