Deficient Knowledge (about the disease, prognosis, and treatment needs) related to the lack of exposure / recall, misinterpretation of information.
- Questions / requests for information, statements misconceptions.
- Not exactly follow the instruction / complications can be prevented.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the condition / prognosis, treatment.
- Develop a plan for self-care, including lifestyle modifications consistent with mobility or activity restrictions.
Intervention and Rationale
1. Review the process of the disease, prognosis, and future expectations.
R /: Provide knowledge of where patients can make informed choices.
2. Discuss the habits of the patients in the management of the hospital, through; diet, medication, and a balanced diet, exercise and rest.
R /: The purpose of disease control is to suppress the inflammatory own / other tissue to maintain joint function and prevent deformity.
3. Assist in planning integrated realistic schedule of activities, rest, personal care, administering medications, physical therapy, and stress management.
R /: Provide structure and reduce anxiety during the handling of complex chronic disease processes.
4. Emphasize the importance of continuing management pharmacotherapeutics.
R /: Advantages of drug therapy depends on the accuracy of the dose.
5. Encourage digest medication with food, milk, or an antacid at bedtime.
R /: Limiting irrigation gastric, pain reduction will improve sleep and reduce stiffness in the morning.
6. Identification of the side effects of drugs that harm, eg tinnitus, gastrointestinal bleeding, and purpuric rash.
7. Emphasize the importance of reading product labels and reduce drug use-the-counter medicines without a doctor's approval.
R /: Many products contain salicylic hidden that can increase the risk of servings worth of drugs / dangerous side effects.
8. Review the importance of a balanced diet with foods rich in vitamins, protein and iron.
R /: Increase the general healthy feeling and tissue repair.
9. Encourage obese patients to lose weight and provide information about weight loss as needed.
R /: Weight reduction will reduce the pressure on the joints, especially the hips, knees, ankles, feet.
10. Provide information about the tools.
R /: Reduce compulsion to use the joints and allows individuals to participate more comfortably in activities that are necessary.