Assessment - Nursing Care Plan for Gastritis:
- Does the patient complains of heartburn, can not eat, nausea and vomiting?
- When the occurrence of symptoms, whether before eating, after eating, after ingesting spicy foods, certain drugs or alcohol?
- What are the symptoms associated with anxiety, Stress, allergies, eating and drinking too much or eating too fast?
- What are the symptoms diminish or disappear?
- Is there a history of previous gastric disease?
- Does the patient have vomiting blood?
- Is there any abdominal tenderness?
- Dehydration or change in skin turgor or dry mucous membranes?
Diagnosis - Nursing Care Plan for Gastritis:
- Acute pain
- Imbalanced Nutrition Less Than Body Requirements
- Risk for fluid volume deficit
- Knowledge deficit
Intervention - Nursing Care Plan for Gastritis :
1. Relief of pain:
- Encourage clients to learn relaxation techniques
- Encourage clients to avoid foods and beverages that irritate the stomach, such as alcohol
- Encourage clients to use diet pd regular intervals.
- Provide eat small but frequent meals and do not irritate.
- Give solid foods as soon as possible
- Provide a drink that contains no caffeine
- Monitor vital signs every 2 hours
- Apply a cold compress
- Management of giving antipyretics as indicated
- Observation of fluid intake and output
- Observe for signs of dehydration
- Encourage clients to express their problems and fears
- Help clients identify situations that cause anxiety
- Teach stress management strategies
- Assess client's level of knowledge
- Provide the required information by using the right words and the corresponding time
- Reassure the client that the disease can be overcome.
6 Nursing Diagnosis and Interventions for Gastritis