The cause of the cough is due to stimulation of infection varies among which include inflammation of the lining mucosa / mucus in respiratory tract diseases such as influenza, bronchitis caused by bacteria or viruses, and excessive smoking. Due to mechanical stimulation caused by the entry of small particles such as dust particle, or due to suppression / voltage respiratory tract such as tumor suppression, decreased elasticity of lung tissue caused by abdominal tissue, or pulmonary edema / fluid in the lungs.
As a result of chemical stimuli into a gas that is irritant such as cigarette smoke or chemical gases. The most common cause of cough is an infection / inflammation of the respiratory tract due to viral or bacterial microorganisms. Coughing is usually accompanied by a runny nose, and nasal congestion. Coughing is allowed to drag on without an action can lead to complications. Complications of cough is composed of three kinds, namely a sudden attack that can cause syncope (fainting / loss of consciousness while), coughing very strong or intense can cause rupture of the alveoli (air cavities) in the lung and broken ribs. To that end before the cough becomes more dangerous need for prevention efforts and efforts to overcome them.
Here are some ways to Prevent and Treat a Productive Cough :
1. Drink water at least 8 glasses a day to thin mucus.
2. Bath of warm water will help thin phlegm / mucus so it is more easily removed.
3. Avoid alcohol or caffeine consumption may increase the frequency of urination, so multiply the discharge of bodily fluids. Body fluids is necessary to keep the phlegm / mucus remains weak.
4. Quitting smoking, avoiding exposure to dust, the environment is too dry or too cold.
5. Keep the body warm, and adequate rest.